|Great Architects of New York: Henry J. Hardenbergh|
|337 & 339 East 87th Street
East 87th Street between First and Second Avenues, north side
New York, N.Y. 10128
Upper East Side / Yorkville
July 26, 1886, to Feb. 23, 1887
"A grand essay in brick, with limestone articulating the segmental arches: elegant."
These two rowhouses were originally part of a row of six, but Nos. 329 to 335 were demolished in 1958 to make way for the apartment building next door. This row, like the one at 1340-1350 Lexington Avenue and 121 East 89th Street, was designed for the Rhinelander Estate.