Great Architects of New York: Henry J. Hardenbergh
The Inn at Cooperstown
14-16 Chestnut Street
Cooperstown, N.Y. 13326
Chestnut Street between Main Street and Lake Street, west side.
Second Empire
The Inn at Cooperstown
AIA Guide
Landmark Status
Building is within the Cooperstown Historic, designated in 1980. It also holds a New York State Historic Preservation Certificate of Achievement.

Hardenbergh's first hotel, built as three cottages (Nos. 14, 16 and 18 Chestnut Street) that served as an annex to the Fenimore Hotel, which once stood across the street. In 1958, Lucy Cooke, a piano teacher who lived in the building, demolished No. 18 to make way for a two-car garage. The garage has been turned into an apartment.

East facade, facing Chestnut Street.

18 Chestnut Street stood here until 1958, when it was demolished to make way for a garage that has since been turned into an apartment. It was nearly identical to the remaining two attached cottages that make up the hotel.